In summer 2017 a group of postdoctoral researchers from across the Göttingen Campus initiated the formation of the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network. The founding members (James Daniel, Rituparnu Chakrabarti and Vinodh Ilangovan) wanted to set up a network in which postdocs can easily exchange information and views, and represent their interests more strongly. If you want to know more or are interested to join please contact us at the Campus Office, or one of the committee members.
Help us to make the GC Postdoc Network better known: download and distribute our poster.
Deadlines for applications for new members to the committee are usually the autumn and spring every year. The Postdoc Coordinator will advertise the call to the GC Postdoc Network. The next deadline is 31 October 2022.
We are looking for your ideas, input, and energy to make the Göttingen Campus a better place for Postdocs.
The GC Postdoc Committee’s mission:
- strives to ensure that the GC Postdoc community is valued, understood and that its voice is heard;
- supports, serves, and enhances the experience of the GC Postdoc community by providing an inclusive and overarching network across the GC and beyond;
- champions equality, diversity, and interdisciplinarity at every opportunity.
As a committee member, you will benefit from:
- directly influencing the events and activities of the Postdoc Network
- meeting postdocs from across the Campus
- getting experience in committee work
- gaining a better understanding of how large organisations work
- opportunities to be more involved in the running of the University and Campus and meet senior staff
- acquiring transferable skills which are sought by many employers and can go on your CV
The main commitment is contributing ideas at our friendly meeting once a month. Meetings are in English, last approximately one hour, and are usually conducted via zoom. There is also attendance when possible at events (e.g., Postdoc Socials or Postdoc Support and Information Fairs).
We welcome all applications andare keen to increase the diversity (e.g., geographical location across the Campus, variety of disciplines, backgrounds and origins) to enhance the representativeness of the committee. We aim for balanced representation of Postdocs in the committee and all genders are welcome.
The committee particularly encourages postdocs from any area or viewpoint that you (the GC Postdoc Network) consider is currently under-represented.
The application process is quick and easy: simply send a short CV and an email briefly explaining why you would like to join the Committee to Melissa Sollich, the Postdoc Coordinator. This will be considered by the committee to ensure a good fit. Contact any of the current committee members for a chat or meet us at one of our socials to find out more.
We use the term ‘Postdoc’ in the broad sense of ‘early career researcher’ – a doctorate holder who conducts professional research with a time-limited contract or fellowship. If you fit this definition, even if you do not usually see yourself as a Postdoc, feel free to apply! We are looking for diverse perspectives.