Melissa Sollich, Ritu Goyal, Gabriele Bartolomaeus: sign in, pick up a program and put yourself on the GC World of Postdocs map!
- HR Development for academic staff and strategic early career support
Find out about academic tenure, junior leader support, and academic career paths.
Get an overview of structured mentoring schemes across the Campus
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Susanne Wimmelmann and Angelika Thielsch
How postdocs can develop and optimize their supervision and teaching skills and get qualified
- GAUSS Career Service for Postdocs
Find out about their diverse and tailored workshop and events programme, individual career counselling for careers both inside and outside academia, career development advice and CV/Applicatin support
- Göttingen International: Careers
How internationals can get onto the career ladder in Germany outside academia
- Agency for Employment/Arbeitsagentur Göttingen
Jessica Schumacher, Alexandra Putivcev
An overview of services (eg unemployment assistance, benefits and training courses).
- Research Department
Felix Spöler (Natural and Life Sciences), Lisa Grow (Humanities and Social Sciences)
Applying for research funding (research grants, fellowships, grant application process).
- EU Research Funding
Find out all you need to know about applying for EU grants - from ERC Starting Grants to being involved in project funding applications.
- Göttingen International: DAAD funding/Erasmus/EU funding/Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
Ricarda Blumentritt, Jakob Hedderich
- Technology Transfer and Innovation/Start-ups
Martin Stammann, Feo Lenz
Learn about your opportunities to develop your ideas for a spin-off company or how to adapt your research project for applications in wider society. We can assist you in applying for funding as well as finding mentors and advice.
- PraxisBörse career fair and stellenwerk JobPortal
Claudia Kohrell (from 16:00)
Find out how the PraxisBörse, the Göttingen Campus Job and Career Fair, as well as the stellenwerk Jobportal can help you (to) find the right job. The PraxisBoerse will bring more than 100 companies directly to you on our Campus on 6 and 7 June 2023.
- MBM ScienceBridge
Stefan Uhle, Martin Andresen
Discover how your inventions and research might be developed commercially and find out everything you need to know about intellectual property
- KWS – world-leading plant breeding company
Viktor Korzun, Dorothea Borchardt
Find out what it would be like to work at an international company, as well as the range of staff that they recruit.
- Göttingen International: Welcome Centre
Heidi Hopf, Kerstin Schütte, Philipp Jeserich
Advice of particular interest to international researchers, including housing, visas, work permits, schools, and other services in Germany such as health.
- Alumni Association
Find out what the Alumni Association could do for you at their fun photo booth
- eResearch Alliance
Find answers to all your questions about the management of research data - services, training and consulting.
- Open Science and responsible research practices
Julika Mimkes, Birgit Schmidt - Ask us about Open Science and responsible research, and how to get involved (e.g. OS Göttingen Meet-up, HackyHour, Carpentries)
Bastian Weber, Saskia Brauns - Find out how Open Access publishing and the management of publication lists is supported at Göttingen Campus (e.g. publication fund, GRO.publications).
- Studentenwerk Psychosocial Counselling Service - 15:00-16:00
Find out what psychological support is available from the PSB for researchers
- Hochschulsport University Sport
Cathrin Cronjaeger, Mischa Lumme
Find out what’s available to keep you fit, well and happy
- Corporate Health Management
Shaping our working world together: from active breaks to reducing stress, how to stay fit and well at work.
- Press and Public Relations
Romas Bielke, Gabriel Bartolomaeus, Melissa Sollich
Communicating with the media including social media
Public understanding of science, organising science-sharing events (eg Night of Science) and citizen science
- Science Slamming
Manuel Maidorn (TBC)
How to stand-up and share your science with the public, whether live at events or for film projects
- Visuals in Science Lab - turn your science into visuals
Lina Buitrago, Beatriz Herrera, Alejandra Sarmiento
Postdocs return to Göttingen to share insights about their choices and career paths
- Nico Posnien - Group Leader, Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Göttingen
Ask me about understanding academic pathways, managing a team, supervising students, developing networks.
- Insa Flachsbarth - MOJE - Academy for Playful Leadership, Hamburg
Find out what it’s like to start your own company, how to become a coach and develop yourself. Get access to the support you need whether in academia or transitioning out.
- Anne-Do Gindrat - Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin
Learn what it’s like to move out of the lab and into Science Management.
- Stefan Klumpp - Professor of Theoretical Biophysics, University of Göttingen
Ask me about moving abroad for research, academic career paths, finding permanent positions in academia.
- Elena Jolkver - Xvalue (Data analytics & Machine Learning)
Find out what consultancy means and the advantages of working in the private sector. Find out what it’s like to be part of a relatively small, new company.
- Mehmet Gültas - Professor of Statistics and Data Science for Bioinformatics, South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences
Ask me about academic career paths, working at a university of applied sciences, supervising and leading research projects
Grab a coffee, meet other postdocs and share ideas. Or visit the Alte Mensa’s proper coffee machine and find a quiet spot in the Taberna to talk.